How devastating it could be for anyone losing the data accidentally? If you are a neurotic individual like me, then you must not have slept that night cursing your own self and wondering if there is a way to get that data back. Well, there is, a data recovery software is all you need to get back the files and folders that you have erased from your recycle bin. These software help you “undelete” the files on your computer.
The files that we delete are sent to the recycle bin – just in case we change our plans. However, there are cases when we end up deleting the file from the recycle bin as well. It should still not be something to worry about as the permanently deleted file is stored in a dark space on our hard drive (Media card, USB drive or smartphone, etc.) And can be recovered using best recovery software.
Now you can undelete the files which you once thought are forever gone. You can recover
- Audio files
Top 5 Best Data Recovery Software
Before we move and further discuss the data recovery methods, it is important to understand how hard drive function and how the data is recovered by the tool.
Hard drives are the data storage devices which are used to keep large amounts of un-tangible data in computers. When you double click a file, your computer accesses the information from the hard drive. Larger files take longer to respond as the computer tries to retrieve the said data from the hard disk. The raid which stands for Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks is storage virtualization which combines the multiple disk drives into one or more logical units to store data. It is usually used in large corporations where the companies require a huge set of data to be stored.
Following are the reasons due to which files and folders are lost in the RAID disk.
- Careless Deletion: We often delete files from our computer permanently after we erase them from our recycle bin.
- Reformatting: If you reformat a drive, the entire data in it will get destroyed/deleted.
- Partition Damage: A drive partition might get damaged due to a virus or system crash. It may affect some files and corrupt them.
- Partition Loss: You might come across a situation where someone might have deleted the entire partition from your RAID drive.
If you have ever come across any of the situations above, and are wondering how to get your data back then a raid data recovery is your last stop.
Now let me introduce you to the best data recovery software out there.
It is a free data recovery software, which is easy to use and has many advanced features. This software can recover files from external hard drives, hard disk USB drives, etc. it can even help you recover your favorite music from your iPod.
Recuva is only compatible with Windows and supports Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP or older. (There is no 64-bit version available)
- Works on most Windows operating systems
- Offers a lot of advanced options
- Wizard walkthrough option makes it easy to recover lost data
- Does not have a Mac Client
Puran File Recovery
It is also a free data recovery tool which is super-handy to use and has a lot of advanced features to use. It can also recover the lost partition only if they are not overwritten again. Upon testing it on my machine, I have to admit that it identified more lost files on my system than any of the software. If you aren’t going with Recuva, then this is your best shot.
Puran File Recovery is compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7 Vista and XP. Unlike Recuva, it has a 64-bit version for windows.
- Scans NTFS and FAT12 file systems
- Has a portable version
- Easy to see the recoverable file
- Offers two ways to view the deleted file
- It is not for commercial use
- It hasn’t been updated since 2016
It is an excellent free data recovery program which is not only popular because of its super-simple UI, but it also keeps things aligned and in order. With Disk Drill, you can recover the data up to 500mb, and the best part is that you can preview the image file before retrieving it back to the computer. You can run a quick scan to get faster results and can easily import the deleted data as it is aligned by size, type, and data.
Disk Drill is compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, XP and Vista. Unlike Recuva and Puran File Recovery, it works with macOS.
- Offers a deep and quick scan mode
- Can retrieve different file types
- Allows you to filter results by date or size
- Organizes the retrieved files category wise
- Limits you to recover 500Mb of data
- It has to be installed on the HDD
- Does not have a portable version
It is an excellent free file recovery program which has mixed reviews on the internet. It offers a simple folder view to exploring the recoverable file (as shown in the image). It also suggests how likely you are to recover a file. However, you are asked to install a toolbar (which most of us hate installing) it doesn’t have a Mac client support.
Glary Undelete is compatible with various Windows operating systems like Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista.
- Explains if a file is recoverable or not
- The downloaded file is small in size
- Viewing the restored list of files is easy
- It hasn’t been updated in a long time
- You have to install it; it cannot be used portably
SoftPerfect File Recovery
It is an easy file recovery program which restores files from hard drives, memory cards or anything which the PC supports to store data. SoftPerfect File recovery is only 500kb in size, which makes this software very portable. You can run file recovery from a USB drive which comes in really handy.
This data recovery program is compatible with Windows 8, 7 Vista, XP, and the older versions. As per SoftPerfect it also supports the 64-bit version of Windows.
- Search for deleted files with its filename
- Lets you simultaneously restore more than one file
- It is really simple to use
- You can’t preview an image before restoring it
- It doesn’t show you how successful it will be to recover the file
There are a ton of free data recovery software online, but we have included only the best five in this blog. If you are still confused about which software you should go with then head into our comments and see what our readers have suggested.