THE BEST ONLINE BACKUP SERVICES TO WATCH FOR IN 2016
Online backup is gradually becoming a vital aspect for both commoners as well as entrepreneurs. Looking at its widespread prominence across the globe, several file backup service providers are coming to the fore to serve your individual needs. It allows you to keep all your crucial records at one place with extreme security. Keeping in mind the importance of online backup, we are presenting to you the best online backup providers of the year 2016. It will significantly help you in choosing the best option amongst all. You can find a detailed review about these top brands along with complete information about online backup a.k.a cloud backup hereunder.
HOW CAN YOU BUY ONLINE BACKUP SERVICES?
The service of online backup is quite similar to the web hosting solutions. A web host requires you to pay the rent for the space that it provides for your running website. Similarly, the leading backup service providers offer you sufficient space on their servers to keep your files safe and secure. You may have to pay a nominal fee, either annually or monthly to keep all your personal data on a secure platform preventing it from any kind of outages and failures.
These backup solutions can turn out to be extremely beneficial not only for different business aspects but also for the commoners and can tremendously affect your tables. What you exactly need to do is to find the best-suited solution from a gamut of online service providers. Here, you can find a quick answer to the question, why cloud backup has become a necessity. How the backup companies can act as a blessing for you?
NEED FOR ONLINE BACKUP SOLUTIONS
It is a common belief of numerous individuals that a hard drive is sufficient to keep the back up of your extensive data. However, there are chances of it getting lost, fail, or damage like any other computer hardware that many people generally do not realize. This facilitates an urgent requirement of keeping minimum two backups of all your important files. It may comprise an on-site back up at your office and the other off-site backup at home with the help of cloud services.
The most significant advantage of keeping a online backup off-site is to ensure the safety of your data from fire, theft or any other emergency. An online service of cloud backup is just like traditional software for backup. It transmits all your crucial data on the internet and stores it securely on a professional server. According to a US observation, hard disk storage fails at every 1.24 seconds.
Below mentioned quintessential statistics can compel you to acquire a suitable backup service for your data:
- According to the studies of SBA (Small Business Administration) and FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency), about 25 to 45 percent of businesses never reopen after any disaster occurrence.
- The 2013 report of Aberdeen group reveals that 70 percent companies that go through natural disaster merely survive for a year. However, only 6 percent companies show a long-term survival in the report.
- The Quorum 2013 report shows that 55 percent of downtime is an outcome of hardware failure. However, 22 percents results due to human error while 18 percent arises due to software failure.
ADVANTAGES OF USING ONLINE CLOUD BACKUP SERVICES
In comparison to other traditional approaches of backup, online cloud backup promises a vast buffet of compelling advantages for you. Some of the most effectual benefits may include:
As the term online backup suggests, all your data and files are available in cloud. It allows easy access to your data from anywhere in the world. The reputed backup companies also offer the services of mobile access for your utmost convenience. Irrespective of the device you have or the location you are, you can access you data anytime. You just need to sign in to your online backup account before accessing your files.
With a reputed online backup provider, you don’t have to worry about the data synchronization. It promises to offer automatic backup of your valuable information thereby ensuring continuous protection of data. It also allows automatic updating of data on the server as soon as your system files changes.
Safe and Secure
The leading online backup services promise to offer 3-way protection to your data that maintains its safety and security. The primary stage involves encryption of data on your personal hard drive with private key of encryption. It will make your files scribbled for others. The second stage involves sending of your files to online cloud backup services through SSL connection. It protects your data from spying during the transfer. Lastly, your data encrypts on a professional server that promises its secure residing.
A well-suited online backup service ensures strong encryption and security of your digital data. Considering the confidentiality and sensitivity of the information, an online service provider offers you affordable measures to prevent any kind of unauthorized access. As compared to other cloud storage devices, the most sophisticated cloud backup offers the encryption of 448-bit blowfish. It guarantees maximum level of protection and security for your data.
A cloud server offers unlimited space for you regardless of the volume you want to back up. Whether you are a small/medium business owner or an average user of PC, you can easily rely on an ideal firm of online backup for your individual requirements. There are possibilities that companies may charge more for abundant data while comparably lesser in case of limited data.
You are equally fortunate when we talk about the prices of best backup services. Obviously, a cheap backup solution will attract you more than a costlier one. As per your specific budget constraints and backup requirements, you may choose from any of the top five services. However, for smaller volume of data, you may also opt for the free services of backup.
BEST 5 ONLINE CLOUD BACKUP PROVIDERS
Now, since, you are well aware of the necessities as well as benefits that these cloud backup services offer, you are surely going to choose for an ideal service provider for your business needs. The following overview of five most tempting cloud backup providers can significantly help you in making up your mind for the best suitable selection:
The CrashPlan hits the list of top 5 online backup services with unlimited storage capacity available at very reasonable prices.
- If you are an advanced user, you will definitely fall in love with its extensive features.
- While, if you are a novice, you can simply lay back in complete equanimity.
- The most innovative feature that distinguishes it from its competitors is that it also allows local storage or another computer storage that connects to internet.
- Its top-notch speed for upload and lucrative program interface makes it the favorite of almost every business enterprise and individuals.
It is yet another strong and powerful competitor in the pace of online backup services. If you are a beginner, you can ideally go for this service provider. Some of its captivating features may include:
- Small and sleek size
- Offers unlimited storage space for one MAC or PC, also including the external drives
- Completely easy-to-use interface for the users
- The most captivating feature about Backblaze is that it promotes stronger options of security along with better mobile applications to boot.
Another most promising online backup service is IDrive. You cannot find any loophole in it whether in terms of prices or storage space.
- It offers a whopping online storage space of 1 TB at reasonably low prices.
- In case you perform any kind of edit in your file, it saves it in the form of versions.
- Several goodies that also come up with IDrive include continuous backup, synchronizing and local backup.
- The mobile and web applications of this service provider are the most capable amongst all.
It emerges as an ideal solution for those users that have average needs of backup. It is dependent on what you require. The mobile applications of this service are also an additional advantage for the users.
- It offers extensive media presence, unlimited plans for storage, and an intuitive process for setup.
- Moreover, it also provides the option of scheduled or continuous backup.
- It allows you to view documents and photos along with playing multimedia files.
Comparatively costlier than other competitors, SOS online backup services also keeps its unmatched position among the top 5 service providers. Its remarkable backup speed and security options distinguish it from others.
- It is capable of saving all versions of files forever.
- It keeps your files intact even after you delete it from your system.
- The most exciting add-ons of this service include wiping and remote location of devices.
- You don’t have to digitalize your photo prints with such services manually.
Online backup acts as an insurance for the individuals as well as businesses. It protects your entire data from getting lost in any emergency. Just like any other health or life insurance, you have to pay monthly fees for your data protection. In fact, it may cost only a small fraction of what you would pay for your sickness. Of course, you can only benefit from such services if you acquire them timely.
Looking at the availability of numerous devices and huge leaps of data, the need for digital data is rigorously increasing. Depending on the total volume of data that you deal every day, you would require an ideal backup for its efficient management. Are you still waiting for a suitable time to consider online cloud backup? If yes, then the time is now. Obviously, it will become extremely late if you have lost your important files.
Fortunately, the leading online service providers of backup are available at inexpensive and economical prices. You can ideally find solace with such services in terms of security, sensitivity, and confidentiality of data. To help you take a smart initiative, you can consider multifarious online backup service providers such as Backblaze, Carbonite, IDrive, CrashPlan and more.