VPN for Windows has become as important as air to breath, water to fish, and flower to bees. In this dark age of the internet, where data grabbing and monetizing is legal, selling users data is ethical and bombarding unnecessary ads is feasible, then every internet users has the right to take precautions to protect against these evils, especially on most vulnerable operating systems like Windows.
Windows, the operating system that every one of us can relate; our childhood won’t be that amazing without the presence of the Windows, I am glad that the oldie has still maintained the charm among the newbies. After Android, Windows is the next highest market sharing OS; 36.19%, still massive compared to other mainstreams. Hackers and data snoopers divert to the more prominent platforms to acquire more potential targets; so it’s easy to assume that Windows is under their radar, be careful! Even the latest versions of Windows 10 has a share of security flaws. But wait! Are we unarmed? NO, not at all, we have a best VPN on Windows , so hackers! Get relax.
Since its inception back in 2015, Windows 10 was known to be most secure with its predecessors; it has a new browser Edge and Windows Defender under its wings, does that offer complete security? No, nothing 100% secure in this savage world of internet, but still taking protective measure can keep you stay away from cybercriminals. No matter how sophisticated security tool your Windows is equipped with, you still be needing one of the best VPN on Windows to shield your online existence.
Looking up online, there are many best free VPN for windows. But, which one work the best and which one is the top free VPN for Windows? Are these top free VPN for windows are totally free? Or these best free VPN for windows are just some scams? Be it Phishing, Double edged sword, drive-by attacks, Virus threats, or any other scams that the hackers can use to reach your cyber world; a best VPN on Windows 10 would be your next door security guard.
5 Best VPN on Windows – ReviewsDir Pick
Our list of 5 best VPN on Windows that will make all your online activities not only safe but anonymous.
Best Free VPN For Windows
Living in a digital age demands all of us to stay connected online, no matter where we are. But every luxury comes with a cost; your online presence are vulnerable and can be accessed via snoopers and you will never realize how much your personal information would be shared with third-party developers. So, use a Best free VPN for Windows now, but who will pay for it? Forget compromising your hard-earned bucks and get a free Windows VPN, but be careful! Not every other best free VPN for Windows VPN respects your privacy and anonymity.
Be Careful! Totally free VPN for Windows are not Free! Not even the “best free VPN for Windows”
When it comes to VPNs and other best free VPN for Windows that don’t charge you money usually end up costing you in real times; the most drain your privacy and security. You might have noticed that so many streaming services are geo-blocked abroad and the most common solutions are to use one of the fastest VPN services and reroute your web traffic and appear as if you’re located somewhere else. For example, using Netflix US from anywhere.
People find free options to save extra bucks, but they don’t know the dangers, let me introduce you some;
“Free” isn’t free these services allow malicious third-parties to snoop your data, or worse, let others conduct illegal activities, using your internet connection. Finding free VPN for laptop Windows 10? Mostly, free VPNs log and keep track of all your online moves, IP address, sites you visit, and everything that differs you from others. Worst of all. Many so-called “free” services sell your personal information to advertisers and even distribute your IP address to welcome criminal acts.
So, rather than saving some bucks, spend your money wisely in one of the best VPN for Windows; I mean any of the mentioned above.
New to VPN technology? No problem! We will tell you in a bit.
What Is A VPN And Why VPN For Windows Is A MUST?
A Virtual Private Network builds a secure connection over the internet so that all your data goes through an encryption tunnel. It will mask your IP address, and all the communication that passes through the encryption is indecipherable. The advantages of a Windows VPN do not stop at just online privacy and battling hacking scares; there are many uses of a VPN for Windows. Many people don’t know this, but the internet surveillance laws authorize the government to log our online activities, can you believe it? What you do online can end up in a log somewhere, for a privacy buff like me it is an invasion of my privacy, and it is unacceptable.
The best VPN for Windows 10 free and/or the best free VPN for Windows can help mask your IP address giving you complete anonymity online which helps in avoiding the unnecessary and unappreciated monitoring. VPN for Windows also lets you stream your favorite content globally regardless of your location. Geo-restriction is another thing that a good VPN for Windows can help us jump through.
Now, let’s see how one can setup VPN on Windows for different versions.
How to Setup VPN on Windows 7
We have previously discussed how a Windows VPN functions. A VPN creates a private network that transmits and receives data via a secure and encrypted tunnel. We will be enlisting the setup process on Windows 7 here to install your best free VPN for windows and top free VPN for windows program. First and foremost, you need a VPN service provider to select one of the best VPN for Windows 10 free mentioned above and use our step by step guide to setup VPN on your device within a matter of minutes.
Setting Up VPN on Windows 7:
- Note the IP and Domain Name of the Network you are going to be connected to.
- Your VPN service provider will send your username and password to your registered email.
- Select the protocol you wish to utilize i.e. PPTP, L2TP/IPSec or OpenVPN.
- Go to the Control Panel → Network and Internet →Network and Sharing Center →Change your Network Settings → Setup a New Connection or Network.
- Choose “Connection Option”. Click on “Connect to a Workplace” then click on Next. Select “NO” in the option then appears next and click on “New Connection” then click “Next”.
- Click on My Internet Connection and select the first option, you will then be required to provide “Destination Name” and “Internet Address”.
- Fill in the required information that you should already have provided by your Administrator or ISP.
- Check the boxes on “Smart Card” and “Connect Now” as per your requirements.
- You will be asked to provide your “User Name” and “Password”.
- “New Connection” will appear in the system tray. Once you click on the Connection, it will ask you to provide the password again if you haven’t selected the Remember password option.
- You can choose the protocol and encryption level according to your needs by clicking on properties and then selecting “Security Properties”. Once you hit the OK button, you will be redirected to the main window.
- Hit “Connect” and enjoy your newly found online freedom.
How to Setup VPN on Windows 8 and 8.1:
Installation and Setting up Process on Windows 8 and 8.1 is almost similar. Read on for our step by step guide.
Setting Up VPN on Windows 8.1:
- You will receive an email from your Windows VPN service provider with your credentials i.e. Username and Password. Choose your desired server from the list of available servers.
- Go to ‘Settings’, Search for ‘VPN’ and choose ‘Setup a Virtual Private Network (VPN) Connection’ from the search results.
- You will be redirected to a new window where you are required to click on ‘Setup a New Connection or Network’→ Connection→Connect to a Workplace.
- Choose ‘Use my Internet Connection(VPN).
- Choose your ‘Server’ and ‘VPN Connection Name’. You can name your VPN connection yourself while server has to be selected from the available list of servers on your provider’s website. Once done, click ‘Create’.
- A new ‘VPN Connection’ will appear. Right Click on it and go to ‘Connection Properties’ and select your desired protocol i.e. PPTP, L2TP/IPSec or OpenVPN from the dropdown menu.
- Once you open the newly created ‘VPN Connection’, you will be asked to provide your credentials, input them as you have received them in the mail and click ‘Connect Now’.
- Once connected, you are all set to embark on an anonymous journey.
How to Setup VPN on Windows 10:
Though setting up VPN on Windows 10 is relatively easy, it’s always good to have some guidance.
Setting Up VPN on Windows 10:
- Access the Start Menu, Go to Settings, Click on Network and Setting and Select VPN from the Menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click the little + sign meaning ‘Add a VPN Connection’, it will open a new window asking you to provide your VPN Provider Name, Connection Name, Server Address and VPN type.
- Choose ‘Windows Default’ under VPN Provider, Input the IP address you received from your service provider under ‘Server Name or Address’. Select Automatic or your desired protocol under VPN type.
- It will then ask you to provide your credentials, provide them and click on “Remember my sign-in information’ if you don’t want to re-enter the information each time you access your VPN. Hit save and go back to ‘Add VPN’ page.
- You will now see a new VPN connection under the ‘Add VPN’ button. Click on the newly created and hit Connect. You are now connected to the VPN, Go ahead and browse anonymously and securely.
Is Your Windows VPN Safe Enough?
So, which VPN for Windows are you going to choose? Are you choosing best windows VPN free? We know not every VPN Windows would work for everyone and most of you have already been the users of the VPN services mentioned above. So, we would like to hear from you. What’s your preference? What’s your pick? Have we listed the best VPN for Windows or is there any other VPN service which you would like to see on this list? Let us know in the comments section below!