Amazon Firestick is like an entertainment dynamite, living in a small USB-like structure. If you own one, congratulations you are never running out of content to watch in your spare time. Amazon Firestick is basically a limited version of Amazon Fire TV. It is more popular because it is mobile, affordable, and can be accessible anytime and from anywhere. You can catch the best entertainment content from Netflix, Amazon Video, HBO Now, Sling TV and Hulu. Also, you can watch live TV channels like the NBC News, NBA, ESPN, CNN, HGTV, AMC, A&E and more.
Now imagine if you combine the greatness of Amazon Fire Stick with Kodi – OMG! That would be the most powerful combination for any binge watcher. Well, that’s kind of possible. The Amazon Firestick comes with 5400+ TV channels and 1300+ games with Alexa-based voice controls for just $40. However, jailbreaking a Firestick is a bit challenging. In this post, we will walk you through different ways to unlock and how to jailbreak Amazon Firestick.
The Issues With Amazon FireStick If Not Jailbroken?
There is one major issue with Amazon Fire TV Stick i.e. it only allows you to download and use Apps available on Amazon. It is similar to iPhone (App Store) in this sense. Fortunately, Amazon Firestick functions like iPhone in terms of jailbreaking. You can jailbreak Amazon Firestick and add your desired applications to enhance its capabilities. Jailbreaking Amazon Firestick is super easy and requires no real effort. We will reveal the easiest way to jailbreak Amazon Firestick here.
How To Jailbreak A Firestick – 3 Easy Steps To Make it Work
We generally look for easy ways to crack anything that bothers us, right? We understand the concern, and through this article we will help you with the best solution to jailbreak Amazon Fire TV Stick in no time. VPNs by far, are the most convenient options to jailbreak Firestick. Basically, the premises of jailbreaking Firestick depend mostly on hiding the IP address and being invisible online to a point where your ISP won’t recognize you. However, make sure your chosen VPN has a reputation of being fully compatible with Amazon Firestick as many VPNs don’t function properly on Firestick. So, getting started with VPN is the foundational step to hack Firestick.
Wait A Sec! Is It Legal To Hack And Jailbreak Firestick?
Downloading an application on Amazon Firestick and using that app to stream illegal content are two different things. You need to understand the complexity of this difference. Amazon Firestick is your possession. You can choose to do whatever with it. Throw it in the dustbin or add unsupported third-party applications like Kodi. However, watching pirated content on Amazon Firestick is illegal.
If you have added Kodi on Amazon Firestick to stream pirated movies or shows then your jailbroken Firestick is illegal automatically. Similarly, if you are watching rightful content on Kodi via jailbroken Firestick then there is no harm in it. However, do not use a jailbroken Firestick without a legitimate VPN even for a second. Check our post of best Kodi VPN which will help you achieve unbreakable security and unrestricted access to global content.
Now It’s Time For 3 Easy Steps To Hack Firestick
Coming back to the main point; how to jailbreak Amazon Fire Stick in 3 simple steps? Here’s the step-by-step process defined in detail.
Step 1: Connect To a VPN On Amazon Firestick
- Start Amazon Firestick
- Click on “Apps” at top left of the screen
- Next, click “Categories” and then select “Utility”
- Choose your desired VPN from the given options
- Download and install the VPN app
- Open the VPN app and sign in
- Connect to a suitable VPN server
- Now you can access the geo-restricted content and install Kodi on Amazon Firestick
Step 2: Install Kodi On Your Firestick
Installing Kodi on your Amazon Firestick is a major part of the job. We will explain it to you in as much detail as possible. You can watch the following video to understand the installation process;
We have mentioned the step-by-step guide of installing Kodi on your Amazon Firestick too. It is a bit lengthy process but we have broken it down for convenience;
- Go to Settings > System > Developer Options
- Switch on “Allow apps from unknown sources”
- Find “Search” in main menu and type “ES Explorer”
- Click on ES Explorer app to download and install it
- Launch the ES Explorer app to proceed further
- In ES Explorer menu, click on Tools > Download Manager in the left menu
- Select “+New” from the menu in the bottom
- Enter the required details in the “Path” box and click ok
- In the “Name” box, you can write “Kodi”
- Click “Download Now”
- As soon as the file is downloaded, install it on the Amazon Firestick
- You will see the Kodi app on home screen
- Click on it to enjoy Kodi
Step 3: Get Kodi Addons and Stream Kodi on Amazon Firestick
- Open Kodi and select “Addons”
- On top left corner, click on “Package Installer Icon”
- Follow this flow; “Install from Repository” > “Kodi Add-on Repository” > “Video Add-ons”
- Choose your desired video addon and click “Install”
- Once it is installed, you will get “Addon Enabled” notification
- Get back to home screen, click “Addons” in the left menu
- Select “Video Addons” (you can see all the downloaded video addons here)
FireStick Jailbreak Is Done – Install Your First Kodi Addon And Enjoy Streaming
Phew! So this was the Amazon Jailbreak method to install Kodi. You can now enjoy unlimited TV content and movies on Amazon Firestick along with Kodi. We have explained the process in great detail and we are sure you won’t land into any trouble while jailbreaking Amazon Firestick. However, we would like to stress that selecting the right VPN is crucial to the entire process of Firestick jailbreak. So think twice before investing in any VPN. Your VPN has to live up to expectations otherwise you may land yourself in a huge mess.
It’s time for you to look at the recommended VPNs to use with Amazon Fire Stick:
Did you ever jailbreak Firestick? If you are having trouble or you are stuck on any step, you can comment below, we will get back to you with a solution.