A picture speaks a thousand words; but what if the picture comes out to be in 3-dimension (3D)? These Smart TVs are a source of infinite entertainment and reach thousands of contents without having to leave your bed. But what if you are selfish for more juice in the form of accessing TV Shows, Live Sports, and Live IPTV channels and PPV events? The answer lies within getting famous open source media player Kodi on Samsung Smart TV.
Television has evolved over time and Samsung developers created Smart TVs that changed the way traditional TV was consumed. But it’s not enough for users to want more out of the Smart TV’s.
Table of Contents
Why Need Kodi On Samsung Smart TV?
Samsung Smart TV gives an open hand to users to stream as many movies, TV shows, Youtube and numerous other social media platforms in one go. All you need is a click of a button. Samsung Smart TVs has limits too. They can stream and access only those websites which users have already got access to. Keeping free social media platforms aside, users cannot access Netflix if they are outside the US without a subscription.
Kodi is an open source media player known for its archive of exceptional content from all over the world. You need the right Addons to browse and stream the best movies, TV shows, documentaries, and foreign material. It’s a one-stop solution for all your Smart TV endeavors. Having Kodi on Samsung Smart TV would mean creating a new superhero combining powers of Superman and Batman. It would open all barriers users once face in the Samsung Smart TV while streaming foreign content.
How To Install Kodi On Samsung Smart TV
Downloading Kodi on a conventional device just as an Android or iOS is easy and requires few steps. Kodi app is available on the Android Play Store through which it can be downloaded on all Android platforms. But people assume Samsung devices run on Android, which means Kodi can be downloaded on the Samsung Smart TV. That’s partially true! Samsung Smart TVs do not have an Android operating system (OS); instead they run on Tizen OS.
You can connect your Android device on a Samsung Smart TV through screencast and other methods but downloading the Kodi app is not possible because Smart TV does not support Android operating system. The connection of an Android device can be bridged easily as Smart TV allows that.
However, we do prefer to keep your Samsung Smart TV secure by using a VPN for Android since anything connected to the internet through a Wi-Fi device is prone to cyber-attacks and data leaks.
This does not mean you cannot download Kodi on Samsung Smart TV! The direct download is restricted, but indirectly there are ways to make this happen. Let’s discuss them.
Methods To Install Kodi On Samsung Smart TV
Here're some of the most common methods to download Kodi on Samsung Smart TV with simple steps.
Download Kodi on Samsung Smart TV with Roku
Roku is the among the best media streaming set-top boxes available in the market to date due to its unlimited content of more than 500,000 movies and TV episodes. But there is a shortcoming! Kodi is not available on the famous Roku, but through following simple tweaks, you can install Kodi on Roku after which it can be configured on Samsung Smart TV.
- Download Kodi on your Smartphone device
- Connect your device and Roku device to the same Network
- Launch Roku and go to Settings
- Click on System and chose Screen Mirroring
- Turn ON Screen Mirroring
- Through your smartphone open Google Play Store
- Search Mirroring Screen App and Install any one app.
- Connect Smartphone to Samsung Smart TV and you’ll get the features of Kodi.
Download Kodi on Samsung Smart TV using USB Drive
If everything fails, consider using a USB drive as it can copy any software on any device which makes it a handy tool for platforms which does not support multiple OS. Kodi fanatics can use a USB stick and tweak settings by following the guide below to create magic on your Samsung Smart TV.
- On your browser search https://openelec.tv/.
- Chose Download from the top menu.
- Select Generic Builds.
- Select “[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.4 (x86_64) > Disk Image”.
- Download Win32 Disk Imager and after installation open it.
- Locate a drive to install OpenElec.
- Open the downloaded Disc Image OpenElec file on your system
- Select to Write it.
- Wait for the Installation to finish.
- Restart your system and DO NOT eject your USB drive.
- Enter the BIOS settings.
- Boot from the USB drive.
- Kazam! Now you have it.
Download Kodi On Samsung Smart TV Using Chromecast
Before moving ahead, remember the buying and selling of Kodi in few countries is illegal due to the un-official addons streaming illegal content on Kodi. Many received severe jail time because their online activities through Kodi was traced. Get a VPN for Kodi and have complete anonymity while tweaking settings to download Kodi on Samsung Smart TV.
- Connect your Samsung Smart TV and Smartphone to the same Network
- Make sure Kodi is pre-installed on your Smartphone before you proceed, otherwise install it ASAP through your Play Store.
- Install Chromecast on Android Smartphone through the Google Play Store
- Return back to Google Play Store and install Google Home app
- Next, connect Google Chromecast to Samsung Smart TV
- Launch Google Home App on your Smartphone and select on Cast screen
- Click on Audio option available at front menu.
- After selecting Cast Screen and Audio option. The screens will be connected on mobile screen and on your Smart TV.
- Open Kodi and there you have it.
Download Kodi On Samsung Smart TV Using Android TV Box
- Connect your Android TV Box to Samsung Smart TV
- Through Android TV Box search the Kodi app and Install it.
- Launch Kodi and you will be able to stream all the content through the open source media player.
Use Kodi VPN on Samsung Smart TV
When you are using Kodi on Samsung Smart TV, you are still vulnerable to online threats as well as infringement laws due to the open source nature of Kodi. As always suggested by ReviewDir, Kodi VPN is your way to go. Kodi VPN protects your original IP and replace it with different IP which not only keeps you invisible from your ISP but also helps you to unblock content from restricted regions.
Let's check out the 3 best Kodi VPNs.
Samsung Smart TV is the biggest revolution in the history of Television having features no one imagined to receive through a TV 10 years back. But these technological advancements gave users a taste for more content. Where Samsung Smart TV is restricted, conglomerate Kodi on it to enhance its capabilities.
There is no direct method to download Kodi on Samsung Smart TV due to the operating system, but ReviewsDir has made a list of ways where users can download Kodi on Samsung Smart TV. Take a look and make your Samsung Smart TV better in every way possible.