Start the count! Just 22 days left for the grand opening of FIFA World Cup 2018. Yes guys! The biggest sporting event is just around the corner with 32 killer teams participating to climb the ladder to grab the shimmery Gold trophy of the World Football championship. So, get ready to put on your cleats and guards to feel like a striker and watch FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi as it kicks off on 14th June 2018 in Russia, Moscow.
This is not just a game! FIFA World Cup is a religion to many, and its hype is increasing day by day as there is much anticipation for the reigning champions “Germany,” defending their title. Every time there are new teams that enter the World Cup, this years its Iceland and Panama making their debut in FIFA World Cup. Kodi users, we have got you covered. We have compiled simple ways with which you can easily watch FIFa World Cup live online on Kodi.
FIFA World Cup 2018 On Kodi
FIFA World Cup 2018 will be broadcasted on multiple channels but if you don’t have the subscription to the channel, what will you do? Instead of scrolling till the 5th page on Google, opt for Kodi. For those who have a close bond with Kodi as their robust Media player, you’re in luck. But those who aren't aware of the capabilities of famous Kodi let’s discuss what it is.
Kodi being a famous Media Player is an open source media software that allows you to browse unlimited content ranging from movies, TV shows, Documentaries, music and much more on almost all your devices. You can also watch FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi as the opening ceremony commences.
To stream FIFA world cup 2018 on Kodi, you need an active working FIFA World Cup addon. Sounds like a terrible dilemma to get it? So let's see how to watch FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi.
FIFA World Cup 2018 Kodi Addons
Just having the media player Kodi to watch FIFA world cup 2018 won’t do you any wonders unless you have a working FIFA World Cup addon. Since it’s a licensed event, not all third party addons will work, and you will require official Kodi addons to stream the match live without any lags.
Let’s talk about the best Official FIFA World Cup Addons.
NBC networks renowned Kodi addon, NBCSN is authorized to broadcast Live FIFA World Cup on Kodi transmission. While broadcasting FIFA, through NBCSN you will be able to stream all World Cup matches as well. Let's see how.
- Launch Kodi
- Select Addons
- Chose the Package Installer icon
- Select Install from Repository
- Select Kodi Add-on Repository from repositories
- Then, click on Video Add-ons
- Chose NBCSN
- Click Install and wait for the installation notification
- After installation return to Home screen
- Chose addons
- Select NBCSN add-on and click OK
- Now you’re all set to watch FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi
Among the official Kodi addons iPlayer WWW is highly recommended as it is a BBC addon. With this Kodi addon, you can watch FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi with ease no matter where you are. No subscription charges no fee, download the addon, and you’re all set to cheer for your favorite team.
- Open the famous Kodi
- Click on Add-ons
- On the top, left corner chose the Package installer-icon
- Click Install from Repository
- Then chose Kodi Add-on Repository
- Select Video Add-ons
- Chose iPlayer WWW
- Click on the install button
- After installation notification appears, browse back to Home screen
- Select Add-ons
- Click on iPlayer WWW add-on
- Search BBC Sports and click on it
- Enjoy watching FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi
Fox Sports Go
Apart from other addons, Fox Sports is also the official broadcaster for FIFA World Cup 2018. As being a US-based network, US nationals can watch, and stream FIFA world cup 2018 on Kodi through the Fox Sports Go addon. However, one thing needs to be kept in mind that this addon will require a subscription for you to enjoy live streaming.
- Launch media player Kodi
- Select the Addons icon
- Select Package Installer-icon in the addons section
- Then Chose Install from Repository
- Click on Kodi Addon Repository
- Then go to Video Add-ons and chose it
- Select Fox Sports Go
- Click on Install
- Wait for completion of installation and then head back to home screen
- Click on Add-ons
- Click on the Fox Sports Go and double-click on it to launch it
- Kudos. Now you can watch FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi
FIFA World Cup 2018 Kodi Addons (Unofficial)
You can always rely on third-party addons too. These addons aren’t officially attributed to the Kodi network. All you need to do is to install the addon for free streaming. Otherwise, you will have to subscribe for the addon to stream FIFA world cup live on Kodi.
It's not an official addon, but it's great to stream all kinds of Sports. The addon includes live IPTV feature whose sole purpose is to provide quality sports streaming channels based in the UK on Kodi. Here’s how to install it.
- Launch Kodi on your Device
- Browse to File Manager.
- Select Add Source
- Select the “None” button and copy paste this link http://kdil.co/repo.
- Click OK and name the Repository “kodil Repo”
- Click OK twice
- Then return to home screen home screen
- Chose Addons
- Chose Package Installer Icon
- Install from a zip file.
- Select Kodil Repo
- Select zip
- Wait until the repo gets installed
- After which click on Install from Repository
- Click on Kodil Repository
- Go to Video Addons
- In the end, select Cerebro IPTV+
- Install it
- Browse back to Home Screen and Select Addons
- Chose Cerebro IPTV+ Addon and open it
- Go to IPTV and enjoy FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi
If you’ve heard of NetStream AIO addon, then you also know about PureSports. It’s a replacement for the addon which provides HD quality links for all types of channels including sports. What’s unique is it also serves a bouquet of IPTV Sports channels that you can watch.
- Open Kodi on your gadget.
- Click on system and then File Manager, after which chose Add Source
- Copy paste the link ttps://archive.org/download/purerepo
- Write PureRepo as the addons name
- Return back to addons
- Select the Package Installer Icon at the top left corner.
- Select Install from the zip file.
- Click on PureRepo and then chose PureRepo-0.0.2.zip
- Installation notification will appear
- Click on Install from repository
- Click on Pure Repo, then Video Add-ons after which PureSports and hit Install
- After installation, you will be able to watch FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi
Among the Kodi addons, SportsDevil is the most notorious in terms of live streams. It lives up to its name and provides and gives access to P2P websites streams of live broadcasting websites. It's known for sports events where you can choose from different P2P websites to enjoy watching FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi.
- Open Kodi on your device.
- Browse to Settings
- Click on File Manager
- Chose Add Source
- Click on the None button and copy paste this URL “http://areswizard.co.uk”
- Name it “AresRepo” and click OK
- Return to Kodi and chose addons
- Package Installer icon
- Select Install from Zip file
- Select AresRepoand and chose “aresproject-0.1.0.zip”
- The installation of repository will start automatically
- Then select from repository and hit install.
- Chose Ares Project
- Click on Addon Repository
- After which select Colossus Repository to Install
- Now Select Install from Repository again
- Click on Colossus Repository
- Browse to video addons
- After which click on SportsDeviladd-on and install it
- Go back to home screen and select addons
- Open SportsDevil
- Voila! Now you can easily Watch FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi without any interruptions
Kodi is just like any other media player or software which keeps updating time to time. Due to that newer versions of Kodi are being developed by the developers. Nowadays users are mostly using Kodi Krypton 17 and Kodi 16 Jarvis, but users are moving more towards Kodi 18 Leia. Keep reading to know different Kodi guides for different versions of Kodi.
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi 17 Krypton
- Open Kodi on your device, go to settings and select File Manager
- Double Click on Add Source, Click on “None” and copy paste this URL http://kdil.co/repo/
- Go back to home screen, click on addons and click on a Box shaped icon.
- Select Install from Zip File, open Kodil Repo and click on Kodil.zip
- After it installs, Select Install from Repository, click on Kodil Repository
- Open Video addons and click on Kick Off to install it
- Wait for the installation to complete and return to home screen
- Select addons, then video addons and Kick OFF.
- And bam, now you will be able to watch FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi 16 Jarvis
- Launch Kodi on your system and select System
- Click on File Manager and Double click Add Source
- Copy Paste this URL http://kdil.co/repo/ on NONE and select Done
- Type Name ‘Kodil Repo’ and Click Done then Click OK
- Browse back to the home screen and select System
- Click on Addons and Install from Zip File.
- Search and chose ‘Kodil Repo’ and Kodil.zip
- Click on Install from Repository
- Then Kodil Repository and chose Video Addons
- Select it, Install it and wait for the installation to end.
- And get ready to watch FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi
FIFA World Cup 2018 will be lit as major preps are coming to an end. From the opening ceremony to the group stages to knockouts towards final, this FIFA will bring you twists and turns bringing in new teams as well. If you don’t have a cable channel or travelling abroad. Don’t have access to a channel to watch FIFA World Cup 2018 Live Online? Well, what you need is the famous media player Kodi and working addons.
Start cheering for your favorite teams since German fans are waiting to see Germany take the throne again. So go through our blog and watch FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi.