THE BEST WORDPRESS HOSTING PROVIDERS
Launched as an Open Source Platform in 2003, WordPress has come of age, from merely being a blogging tool to a celebrated CMS tool. Stats reveal that CMS backed with WordPress Hosting have captured 65% of global market, and around 25% websites all around the world are built on WordPress. In addition, we have 76.5 million WordPress blogging sites worldwide. A host of reasons account for such global acceptable of WordPress hosting, such as SEO-Friendly features, one click installation, easy customizations via codes or panels, security, support for multimedia and so on. However, amid many providers in the field, looking for the best WordPress hosting could be often cumbersome. Just to help you out here we are listing most popular hosting companies to choose from.
RECOMMENDED WORDPRESS HOSTING PROVIDERS TO WATCH FOR IN 2018
Here is a list of top WordPress hosting companies being widely embraced the world over. Depending on whether you want WordPress hosting for business, agencies, designers, developers or for bloggers, you may single out the best one.
$24.16 per month
$19.99 per month
$13.99 per month
$3.95 per month
$7.95 per month
$5.99 per month
FAQS ABOUT WORDPRESS HOSTING
WordPress is one of the easiest yet most powerful content management systems, which is preferred for blogging and website development. In simple words, it is a web publishing software that helps you to create your blog or website, even if you have the limited technological know-how. Ever since its release in 2003, it currently powers above 70 million websites, which is staggering. Alone in the US, 22% of the registered domains run on WordPress. So what do you think is the reason behind such groundbreaking popularity?
To us, the ease-of-use that it ensures is the principal reason. However, other factors are equally effective in making it the foremost choice of the web owners. Prominent of these include its availability as open source software that is free to use, edit, redistribute. You can create any website on WordPress, whether related to eCommerce, blogging, etc. Its SEO friendly factor also contributes exceptionally behind its niche reputation. Rich support for multimedia and regular WordPress website security updates are among the other major factors in this regard.
WordPress is for almost everyone, whether developer, designer, an agency, blogger, business, etc. All you need is to choose a suitable WordPress host depending on your needs and the size of the website that will fit your purpose the best way.
If you are using a VPS server, you would require knowing considerable programming to manage your server. While using Dedicated server as well, you would need to be technically sound. However, if you are using WordPress.com or a managed hosting in WordPress.org, you don’t need to bother about the technical aspects of your website hosting, since the service provider extends complete support for the same.
You can make the battle of WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org look simple if you know your requirements very well. On a lighter note, if you want a hobby blog where you could speak your mind, or write about your favorite dishes, destinations or divas, WordPress.com is the best. However, if you own a business and looking out for a serious brand identity, WordPress.org has to be your choice. Here are some other differences:
- WordPress.org gives you a full domain but at a certain annual cost. It allows you to choose from among 1500 free themes and unlimited paid themes & plugins. The self-hosted WordPress.org lets you own your content and sell it without seeking anyone’s permission. It sets you free from sponsored ads and allows you to monetize your blog/website.
- Just opposite, WordPress.com gives you only a sub-domain, for example, yourwebsitenme.website.com, same as Tumblr, Blogger or Weebly, etc. It allows you to choose from among limited themes, probably around 100. Your content may be brought offline anytime without your permission. To summarize, if you want others, especially your business stakeholders to take you more serious, WordPress.org is the answer. Hope this quenches your WordPress org vs WordPress com mystery.
Hosting your website on WordPress gives you an upper hand over your rivals who prefer to stick to shared hosting. To give you an idea of its benefits, a managed WordPress hosting platform gives you a dedicated support, saves your time on maintaining codebases, and ensures more responsive website with comparably lesser downtime. Besides, SMBs prefer WordPress as a recommended web host for their businesses because of its SEO friendly features, secure and robust admin section, regular updates to themes and plugins, and easy access to many more WordPress features and utilitarian tools.
WordPress scores way better than other CMS owing to numerous reasons and the same holds for WordPress hosting. Talking about features of WordPress, here are the most sought after ones:
- Simplicity: You can upload and publish your WordPress content with ease.
- Flexibility: With WordPress, it is comparably easier for you to create the type of website you want, whether a personal blog, business site, portfolio, new portal, etc. You can even choose from among many themes and plugins to beautify your website.
- Search Engine Optimized: As you might know, WordPress is duly optimized for search engines, hence enabling your website to get more views, leading to enhanced traffic.
- Publishing Tools: With WordPress, your content management task becomes more convenient than you may think. You can create posts, schedule publication, update or remove your posts, and can set privacy for the visibility of your posts.
- Media Management: It allows you to handle multimedia content quite comfortably, with the help of WordPress uploader, and several image editing tools.
Moving on, WordPress hosting offers a host of benefits for users, some of which include:
- Once click installation: You simply need to click once to preconfigure a setup.
- Complete technical support: You get worthwhile assistance for troubleshooting problems.
- Near about 100% uptime: Your website could perform above par even at high traffic.
- Quick website load time: Best PHP and MySQL versions ensure faster loading time.
- Complete security: Includes daily security scans, automatic updates, and site maintenance.
Simply speaking, web hosting refers to providing space over the web to host a website. Coming to WordPress hosting, you need to be sure whether you want to host your website on WordPress.com or WordPress.org. While the former allows free hosting but with limited access to themes and plugins, the latter option gives you complete control of your website but at a cost.
Hence, both come with their respective merits and demerits, but still of you want full access to all the WordPress features for your site, WordPress.org is the best option. The very next step in this regard would to search for WordPress compatible web hosting package, which you can also refer as WordPress Hosting. Different types include:
- Shared Hosting: Your website shares the server with other sites, and hence the cost becomes cheaper. Problem may occur when the response time of your website starts falling due to overload or because of other sites competing for the same space.
- Managed Hosting: It allows the hosting company to take care of the technical hassles and is apt for not so tech-savvy users. Though expensive, it promises zero downtime and security from intrusions.
- Dedicated Servers: As the name suggest, you get the entire server is dedicated to serve only your website. You would require paying a healthy amount to host your website on a dedicated server, but you then you are sure to get quality services as well.
- Virtual Private Server: it is ideal to host sites that are too big to be hosted on shared servers, but still are small enough to have dedicated servers. It does not accompany any support and requires the user to work in the Linux based environment. Hence, users having sound technical knowledge and hold experience of working on the operating systems are the best to handle these servers.
Free WordPress hosting package offers limited features and is recommended for purposes other than business. However, if you care about your business and want to enhance its online credibility, probably, opting for a premium WordPress hosting plan would be ideal. It will help you get premium support, multifarious features and high-level security for your website.
Here is how you can confirm if a cheap WordPress hosting is good for your cause.
- Research: Do thorough research to look out for cheapest options in the Web Hosting. Read reviews, and compare their prices.
- Cross-check: Once you shortlist few eligible service providers, make sure to double check their background regarding the quality of support and services they offer.
- Renewal prices: Starting at low introductory prices, the providers may increase the renewal rates exceptionally. Make sure to verify if your chosen company does not indulge in such foul play.
- Free domain, ‘or Not’?: While some claim to offer a free domain, they may charge you for the same later on.
- Choose the cheapest: Depending on all the criteria, compare the sorted out WordPress hosting providers and choose the cheapest one.
Reliability, security, and speed are among the other essential factors to consider in this regard. Your specific requirement is, however, the foremost thing that you need to ascertain, before looking for a hosting company. Depending on your needs, you can opt from among different hosting options, like Managed, Shared, Dedicated, VPS and free WordPress hosting.
- Free WordPress Hosting: Though free, you are likely to come across some hidden conditions while availing free hosting service. You may have to put banner ads on your site, or a text link in the footer. You cannot rely on then entirely due to the source from where you find them, such as in an online forum, or some specific groups, etc. Even you can’t figure out when the provider stops offering your free service. So it’s better not to look out for such free hosting.
- Shared Hosting: It is beyond doubts the most popular option for most of the website owners, especially beginners due to its affordable cost. This hosting allows the service provider to host multiple sites on the same server, hence resulting in reduced rates. However, you may face usage restrictions if your website starts consuming extensive server load. Consequently, the company may ask you to upgrade your account, to avert the decrease in performance of other sites hosted on the same site. For starting bloggers and website owners, it is a recommended option, but as your business grows, you will have to think about better hosting options.
- VPS Hosting: Technically speaking, it refers to segregating a physical server computer into different servers depending on customer’s needs. It gives you the privacy of a personal computer and allows you to run various server software. Moreover, it gives you significant control on your website like a dedicated server. The catch here is that only tech savvy users such as developers, bloggers having high traffic, immediate users, etc. can handle it. Perhaps, users with limited technical knowledge should rather opt for managed VPS, where the WordPress hosting provider will take care of the system related tasks.
- Dedicated Server Hosting: It allows you to get full hold over the server and is best to use when your website has started gaining substantial traffic. If you lag behind in any prior experience in server handling or do not have any system administrator, then upgrading to managed dedicated server is a recommended move. Though costlier as compared to other hosting options, it allows you to choose a preferred OS and hardware among other facilities.
- Managed WordPress hosting: The best thing with this hosting type is that you can concentrate on other aspects of your website, apart from the technical ones. The service provider cares to optimize your site’s performance, create regular backups and make it secure through its support team. It also advises you to get away with a plugin or theme if it is causing a negative impact on the website. The plans for managed web hosting are however costlier than other options due to the VIP treatment the company gives to your website. Opt for it only if you could afford it.
We use several measures to evaluate the best WordPress Hosting:
- Setup and installation: We look out for hosting services that allow single-click installation and easy setup.
- Bandwidth: If the hosting company allows enough traffic between your site and the internet.
- Uptime: On an average, the recommended uptime score for Web host it 99.5%, we check if a company matched this score or not.
- Average load time: As per a survey, sites that load in 5 seconds witnessed 25% higher visibility, 70% longer sessions and 35% lower bounce rates on an average, as compared to the sites with load time of 19 seconds. Need we say why we consider this factor so important?
- Features: We consider WordPress hosting providers that excel in offering multiple features like security tools, automatic account setup, one-click restore, automatic malware scans, unlimited monthly data transfers, and so on.
- Disk Space: The hosting company should be able to provide ample disk space depending on the size of your website, no matter if it contains even thousands of page.
- Security: These include automatic security updates, malware scans, regular data backups, manual robots mostly included in dedicated and VPS plans, etc.
- Response time: Average response time of a website should be between 1-2 seconds, the lesser, the better.
- Email accounts: If you are also looking out for email accounts along with WordPress hosting, considering email offers from your company would be advisable. Usually, service providers offer a free email address and domain name for life.
- Email client: Checking the web client for reading and creating emails is also important.
- Subdomains: Usually, subdomains are free with paid hosting plans. Hence, we check if a company is not charging extra bucks for the subdomains.
- Cost per month: We recommend several hosting providers depending on the cost per month and the renewal price they offer. Usually, we provide information only on the WordPress hosting providers offering most affordable rates.
- Customer Support: The hosting company should be available via live chat, email or telephone to clear the doubts of customers. We check the same.
- Account suspension: Several hosting providers simply suspend your web account if you are using excessive bandwidth, even it is an unlimited plan. We make sure to keep you aware of such companies.
- Control Panel: It is essential for hosting providers to ensure functional and user-friendly control panel for smooth monitoring of the website.
While choosing WordPress hosting provider, check out if it satisfies the technical requirement, i.e., PHP version 5.7 or greater and MySQL version 5.6 or later.
With WordPress Manage hosting, you can devote your team in enhancing the other fronts of your website such as content, design, marketing, etc. The support team at the WordPress Managed Hosting provider care to do regular updates, security checks, website optimization for excellent performance, and more.
The security of your WordPress website relies heavily on the hosting type you are opting. Free and shared web hosting options are highly risk prone in terms of security breaches and data theft. However, as you move toward better choices, such as dedicated, VPS or managed hosting, you may well expect a tighter security with advanced encryption standards, regular monitoring for malware or hacker attacks, etc.