Launched as an Open Source Platform in 2003, WordPress has come of age, from merely being a blogging tool to a celebrated CMS tool. Stats reveal that CMS backed with WordPress Hosting have captured 65% of global market, and around 25% websites all around the world are built on WordPress. In addition, we have 76.5 million WordPress blogging sites worldwide. A host of reasons account for such global acceptable of WordPress hosting, such as SEO-Friendly features, one click installation, easy customizations via codes or panels, security, support for multimedia and so on. However, amid many providers in the field, looking for the best WordPress cloud hosting and fastest WordPress hosting could be often cumbersome. Just to help you out here we are listing most popular hosting companies to choose from.
If you own a WordPress blog or website and looking for reliable and fastest WordPress hosting options to boost your site’s performance, then this blog is for you. We understood from a lot of our readers that speed is a big issue for them (it’s for every webmaster though) with a WordPress website and it’s why many people search for a good dedicated WordPress hosting service. So thought of coming up with a post where we discuss why speed is so important for a WordPress website, and how fastest WordPress hosting services can help in achieving the goal.
If you’re wondering what is WordPress hosting or if you’re looking for the best cloud hosting for wordpress and/or WordPress cloud hosting; then you should know that numerous factors can impact the speed of your site, and if your website speed is not okay, then you may end of losing a lot of potential customers. We have recently shared WordPress speed optimization tips, which can significantly boost the performance of your website. In this post, let’s focus on what role does WordPress hosting plays in accelerating the performance of website.
WordPress cloud hosting is one of the main reason behind your website’s performance, whether it is excellent or downright pathetic. However, do not feel bad, the Internet is overflowing with free tools that can assess your entire online existence for free and provide you an extensive report. Our point of concern is your website’s load time, and that’s something that may be slowed dramatically with the use of free hosting sites for WordPress. The rule of thumb is anything less than one second is acceptable. Of course, it changes as per type and nature of the site. So what is the load time of your website?
Why Is Speed the Universal God for Websites & How Fastest WordPress Hosting Can be the Savior?
What is WordPress hosting and WordPress cloud hosting? Can the best cheap WordPress hosting be as good as the other premium WordPress cloud hosting and fastest WordPress hosting services? It is not rocket science that speed is the pulse of your website. You can think of speed as the universal God for sites. Everyone has to worship and respect it. Unlike our world, the God is unanimous in the WordPress websites globe. Anyone who fails to deliver in the speed department is bound to face the wrath of visitors. Your traffic will go down day by day until nobody bothers to visit your website. We have presented the ugly but real picture of webmasters who neglect the website load time.
The only and reliable solution to deliver top speed is to opt for Fastest WordPress Hosting. Why? Because we live in the digital world and users will abandon your website if it doesn’t load properly, or takes time to load, it actually kills the excitement. With a fast WordPress host by your side, you enjoy the company of happy visitors and customers, and your business grows evenly. Without further ado, let’s jump to our recommendations section, and we’ll then discuss other factors that influence the decision to sign up fastest hosting for WordPress and best WordPress cloud hosting.
Recommended WordPress Hosting Providers – Those Who Love to Deliver Top Speed
I’m sure we all know what is WordPress hosting and how important the speed of it is (that’s why we always try to find the fastest WordPress hosting). We know that choosing the best WordPress cloud hosting, fastest WordPress hosting or even the best cheap WordPress hosting service isn’t an easy job; therefore, experts at ReviewsDir have come up with top six recommendations. The below-mentioned hosting providers have reputation in managing all type of business and personal websites, and they all fit well on the tests our technical team has conducted. If you’re looking for hosting WordPress free services or any kind of free WordPress cloud hosting, then keep in mind that “free” will unlikely be the fastest WordPress hosting service. But luckily; the next best thing is to opt for best cheap WordPress hosting services.
Here is a list of top WordPress hosting companies being widely embraced the world over. Depending on whether you want WordPress hosting for business, agencies, designers, developers or for bloggers, you may single out the best one. Remember, rarely does free mean best; so if you’re looking for free web hosting WordPress services, you may be disappointed.
Some Common Issues That Slow Down Websites & Why You Need The Fastest WordPress Hosting
We’ve been going on and on about getting the fastest WordPress hosting as your life depends on it. Well, the life of your website surely depends on the fastest WordPress cloud hosting, whether you admit it or not.
You might be asking what is WordPress hosting and why? The reason we are stressing so much on speeding up your website with the fastest WordPress hosting is that there are tons of factors that mess with your speed. It is a constant battle. New factors keep emerging every day. The things that you thought has nothing to do with the website speed often slows it down the most. We know you have the general list of elements that interfere with the site speed. However, we found some unique factors that delayed majority of the websites that use some variant of WordPress cloud hosting, so we thought of highlighting those for you. Maybe you are already aware of the mentioned issues or find them surprising. But we are sure it is not your usual list. Here we go;
- WordPress Host, but cheap and slow
We all love to save money, but the formula doesn’t work all the time. If you have a free or even the best cheap WordPress hosting for your website, then you can’t expect quality speed without a good investment. These shared and cheap hosting (even the best cheap WordPress hosting) have servers having hundreds of websites on it, and they have minimal quality and performance check. This makes your website extremely slow and unhappy your potential customers.
- Google Adsense
Now we know this one is going to make a lot of people angry. Google Adsense makes you money. How could we even put this one in here? We are sorry to break it to you, and Google Adsense is one of the culprits that completely slows down your website. So if you are not making money with your Google Adsense account, then you should think about removing it for a while. In case, you are enjoying quite a solid income with it then there isn’t much you can do about it.
- Image Size
It is not much of a surprise, but image size remains to be the recurring factor that destroys your website speed. When learning; “what is WordPress hosting?” you need to know that image size matters. The idea is pretty simple – bigger images take more time to load than the smaller ones. However, the reason to mention it here is that there are many actions you can take to counter the effects. WordPress Plugin repository has many plugins that automate the process of reducing the size of larger image files. One such popular WordPress plugin is WPSmush.it. You can find plenty more. Alternatively, you can install a CDN to speed up the performance of your WordPress website.
- Social Sharing Buttons
When was the last time you saw a website that didn’t have social sharing buttons? Of course, you cannot even remember. This factor seems interesting because we least expected it to affect our websites. But the social sharing buttons that we had on our websites were actually slowing down the website. So it is important to have social sharing buttons that simply perform their task and not hamper your website speed.
- Sum of All – too many plugins
This one is the mother of all problems. Although WordPress is so popular today because of all the customization you can do with the plugins, on the other hand, these plugins drain the performance of your website and make it slower. WordPress has almost plugins for everything, and it is a normal practice of the webmasters to use plugins to do the job in easy and convenient way. Technically, the issue with plugins is that they send requests to do a particular job, and the more plugins you’ve on the website, load time increases. It is advisable to always wisely choose the plugins you want on your WordPress website, and always check the rating, rather than just get impressed by the shiny looks of it. And all this contributes to the speed of site, thus making the choosing of the best cheap WordPress hosting service and the fastest WordPress hosting an important decision.
Summary Of The Fastest WordPress Hosting Providers
Why we chose these WordPress hosting providers? And what makes them the best cheap WordPress hosting service or the fastest WordPress hosting? Well, we don’t want to keep this question a mystery. We conducted the speed tests using two tools – Loadimpact.com and Pingdom.com. The mentioned results are the best of five. All hosting providers were tested using identical websites. So the conditions were similar, and we changed the WordPress cloud hosting providers to assess the load time using tools mentioned above. Without further ado, let’s reveal our test results;
1. BlueHost – Fast, But Not The Fastest WordPress Hosting For All
If you ask what is WordPress hosting, then this one might be for you. BlueHost is the youngest in the lot as it started operations in 2003. The best part about BlueHost is that WordPress itself has recommended it (so for those that are wondering what is WordPress hosting, this makes it easier). The service provider has reasonable pricing plans and impressive features. Let’s see how it performed in our two tests. As for Pingdom, BlueHost was a disappointment. It took more than 2 seconds to load a page. However, the score was average i.e. 69. The same result was repeated in Load Impact test as there were way too many inconsistencies. Here’s what we found;
- Score: 69
- Load Time: 2.11s
2. SiteGround – An Unexpected Speedy WordPress Hosting Winner
Site Ground was born in 2004, and now it has more than 500,000 websites hosted. It is surely the first choice for most bloggers and first-time users. The major reason is the affordable rates. The speed tests will reveal whether SiteGround is the right choice for its money or you are entering a deal of total loss. SiteGround performed really well in the overall list, especially considering the pricing. We were really impressed with its performance. It doesn’t hurt that SiteGround has the lowest page load time, making it one of the best cheap WordPress hosting. We don’t want to say more, why don’t you see the results in the following graph and score of one of the fastest WordPress hosting;
- Score: 70
- Load Time: 702 ms
3. DreamHost – An Average Performer, but Fast Host for WordPress
DreamHost is one of the old service providers in the market. It initiated the business in 1997. The number of hosted WordPress websites are over 1.5 million. DreamHost is an amazing candidate in our list. We love its support team. You can reach DreamHost 24/7 through live chat, Twitter, or email. The response will always be prompt, their support really helps them towards being one of the best cheap WordPress hosting. DreamHost Pingdom results were not as good as the others. It took more than one second to load a page, which is too much. As for the Load Impact graph, DreamHost showed a bumpy ride, but it never goes to the bottom of the graph. It may seem inconsistent, but DreamHost has good potential to be one of the fastest WordPress hosting services.
- Score: 71
- Load Time: 1.96s
4. InMotion Hosting – Reliable Fastest Hosting for WordPress
InMotion Hosting started the business in 2001. Since then it has grown into a giant WordPress cloud hosting service provider. InMotion Hosting provides all sorts of support. Whether you are looking for WordPress migration or building a new WordPress site, InMotion Hosting has the team to take care of your unique situation. InMotion Hosting took us by surprise with its Loadimpact.com test. You will get the idea once you see the graph. Also, the Pingdom test wasn’t too bad either. According to Pingdom, InMotion Hosting load time per page was less than 1 second (953 ms). Following are Loadimpact.com graph and Pingdom results of InMotion Hosting;
Load Impact Test:
- Score: 70
- Load Time: 953ms
6. A2 Hosting – Another top player in Fastest WordPress hosting 2018 league
A2 Hosting is in the industry for more than a decade. The major focus of the company is to provide the fastest hosting as well as user-friendly atmosphere. A2 Hosting is a smart service provider but it did the blunder of committing more than it can deliver. A2 Hosting promises to increase the speed by 300% which is a bizarre claim. As said earlier, A2 Hosting performed well but not as per its claims. The Load Impact graph stays in the middle. The Pingdom score is a bit disappointing as it goes over 1 second. The visual representation of the test results of A2 Hosting can be seen below;
Load Impact Test:
- Score: 70
- Load Time: 1.02s
Things to check when Chosing The Fastest WordPress Hosting
Now that we’ve figured out what is WordPress hosting; we want to talk about the mundane task of actually signing up for a WordPress hosting provider that you like. Following are the probable steps that you will be required to follow in order to get the fastest hosting for WordPress;
- Pick A Service Provider
You need to select a service provider. We have given you some of the best cheap WordPress hosting names, or you can select any WordPress cloud hosting provider of your liking. It is recommended to explore as much details as possible. Reading user reviews also gives an unbiased report so you should search different social media accounts for personal opinions about your chosen WordPress hosting.
- Server Locations And Other Factors
A WordPress hosting company that has many servers in the countries where your target audience exists is ideal. You must be aware of the incoming traffic and its various locations. The more servers your host has in required countries, the better it is for the website load time. This is a crucial factor and should be checked thoroughly before making any commitments.
- Appropriate Pricing Plan
Most hosting providers have multiple pricing plans. The pricier ones have more features while others are sufficient for limited requirements. You are supposed to pick the pricing plan that best suits your need. Fulfill the formalities like paying the fee and signing up. Congratulations! You have subscribed to a WordPress hosting of your choice.
And The Fastest WordPress Hosting Is …
This is the trickiest part for us because declaring one WordPress hosting provider seems like an ignorant move. We live in a world where very few things can be clearly divided into black and white. Nowadays, it is all about the gray area. In this regard, we have already given you the answer by naming six fantastic WordPress hosting providers.
Let us tell you a secret. It is not about knowing or understanding what the service provider is offering you as a customer. Rather, the knowledge of your own needs and requirements helps in selecting the fastest WordPress Hosting. So the final advice is to know more about your website, its nature, industry, traffic, audience, etc. and then prepare a list of requirements you may need from your hosting provider and finally select the one that matches the profile most closely. It is a sure shot way to get the fastest WordPress hosting in 2018.
Do you want to add any other WordPress Hosting in the list? Comment below your recommendations and experiences with any host, and team at ReviewsDir will test and add the service provider in the next roundup.
FAQ’ about WordPress Hosting
What is WordPress and why is it so famous?
WordPress is one of the easiest yet most powerful content management systems, which is preferred for blogging and website development. In simple words, it is a web publishing software that helps you to create your blog or website, even if you have the limited technological know-how. Ever since its release in 2003, it currently powers above 70 million websites, which is staggering. Alone in the US, 22% of the registered domains run on WordPress. So what do you think is the reason behind such groundbreaking popularity?
To us, the ease-of-use that it ensures is the principal reason. However, other factors are equally effective in making it the foremost choice of the web owners. Prominent of these include its availability as open source software that is free to use, edit, redistribute. You can create any website on WordPress, whether related to eCommerce, blogging, etc. Its SEO friendly factor also contributes exceptionally behind its niche reputation. Rich support for multimedia and regular WordPress website security updates are among the other major factors in this regard.
Who is WordPress for?
WordPress is for almost everyone, whether developer, designer, an agency, blogger, business, etc. All you need is to choose a suitable WordPress host depending on your needs and the size of the website that will fit your purpose the best way.
Do I have to know how to program to use WordPress?
If you are using a VPS server, you would require knowing considerable programming to manage your server. While using Dedicated server as well, you would need to be technically sound. However, if you are using WordPress.com or a managed hosting in WordPress.org, you don’t need to bother about the technical aspects of your website hosting, since the service provider extends complete support for the same.
The difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org?
You can make the battle of WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org look simple if you know your requirements very well. On a lighter note, if you want a hobby blog where you could speak your mind, or write about your favorite dishes, destinations or divas, WordPress.com is the best. However, if you own a business and looking out for a serious brand identity, WordPress.org has to be your choice. Here are some other differences:
- WordPress.org gives you a full domain but at a certain annual cost. It allows you to choose from among 1500 free themes and unlimited paid themes & plugins. The self-hosted WordPress.org lets you own your content and sell it without seeking anyone’s permission. It sets you free from sponsored ads and allows you to monetize your blog/website.
- Just opposite, WordPress.com gives you only a sub-domain, for example, yourwebsitenme.website.com, same as Tumblr, Blogger or Weebly, etc. It allows you to choose from among limited themes, probably around 100. Your content may be brought offline anytime without your permission. To summarize, if you want others, especially your business stakeholders to take you more serious, WordPress.org is the answer. Hope this quenches your WordPress org vs WordPress com mystery.
What makes WordPress hosting different from tradition & shared hosting?
Hosting your website on WordPress gives you an upper hand over your rivals who prefer to stick to shared WordPress hosting . To give you an idea of its benefits, a managed WordPress cloud hosting platform gives you a dedicated support, saves your time on maintaining codebases, and ensures more responsive website with comparably lesser downtime. Besides, SMBs prefer WordPress as a recommended web host for their businesses because of its SEO friendly features, secure and robust admin section, regular updates to themes and plugins, and easy access to many more WordPress features and utilitarian tools.
What are some striking features of WordPress and benefits of using WordPress hosting?
WordPress scores way better than other CMS owing to numerous reasons and the same holds for WordPress cloud hosting. Talking about features of WordPress, here are the most sought after ones:
- Simplicity: You can upload and publish your WordPress content with ease.
- Flexibility: With WordPress, it is comparably easier for you to create the type of website you want, whether a personal blog, business site, portfolio, new portal, etc. You can even choose from among many themes and plugins to beautify your website.
- Search Engine Optimized: As you might know, WordPress is duly optimized for search engines, hence enabling your website to get more views, leading to enhanced traffic.
- Publishing Tools: With WordPress, your content management task becomes more convenient than you may think. You can create posts, schedule publication, update or remove your posts, and can set privacy for the visibility of your posts.
- Media Management: It allows you to handle multimedia content quite comfortably, with the help of WordPress uploader, and several image editing tools.
Moving on, WordPress cloud hosting offers a host of benefits for users, some of which include:
- Once click installation: You simply need to click once to preconfigure a setup.
- Complete technical support: You get worthwhile assistance for troubleshooting problems.
- Near about 100% uptime: Your website could perform above par even at high traffic.
- Quick website load time: Best PHP and MySQL versions ensure faster loading time.
- Complete security: Includes daily security scans, automatic updates, and site maintenance.
What are the different WordPress hosting types?
Simply speaking, web hosting refers to providing space over the web to host a website. Coming to the fastest WordPress hosting, you need to be sure whether you want to host your website on WordPress.com or WordPress.org. While the former allows free hosting but with limited access to themes and plugins, the latter option gives you complete control of your website but at a cost.
Hence, both come with their respective merits and demerits, but still of you want full access to all the WordPress features for your site, WordPress.org is the best option. The very next step in this regard would to search for WordPress compatible web hosting package, which you can also refer as WordPress Cloud Hosting. Different types include:
- Shared Hosting: Your website shares the server with other sites, and hence the cost becomes cheaper. Problem may occur when the response time of your website starts falling due to overload or because of other sites competing for the same space.
- Managed Hosting: It allows the hosting company to take care of the technical hassles and is apt for not so tech-savvy users. Though expensive, it promises zero downtime and security from intrusions.
- Dedicated Servers: As the name suggest, you get the entire server is dedicated to serve only your website. You would require paying a healthy amount to host your website on a dedicated server, but you then you are sure to get quality services as well.
- Virtual Private Server: it is ideal to host sites that are too big to be hosted on shared servers, but still are small enough to have dedicated servers. It does not accompany any support and requires the user to work in the Linux based environment. Hence, users having sound technical knowledge and hold experience of working on the operating systems are the best to handle these servers.
Is Free WordPress hosting right for the business?
Free WordPress hosting package offers limited features and is recommended for purposes other than business. However, if you care about your business and want to enhance its online credibility, probably, opting for a premium WordPress hosting plan would be ideal. It will help you get premium support, multifarious features and high-level security for your website.
How to understand whether cheap WordPress hosting is right?
What is WordPress hosting? When is the best cheap WordPress hosting good for your site? When do you need the fastest WordPress hosting? Here is how you can confirm if a best cheap WordPress hosting is good for your cause.
- Research: Do thorough research to look out for cheapest options in the Web Hosting. Read reviews, and compare their prices.
- Cross-check: Once you shortlist few eligible service providers, make sure to double check their background regarding the quality of support and services they offer.
- Renewal prices: Starting at low introductory prices, the providers may increase the renewal rates exceptionally. Make sure to verify if your chosen company does not indulge in such foul play.
- Free domain, ‘or Not’?: While some claim to offer a free domain, they may charge you for the same later on.
- Choose the cheapest: Depending on all the criteria, compare the sorted out WordPress hosting providers and choose the cheapest one.
Things to consider when choosing a WordPress hosting provider?
What is WordPress hosting? It’s reliability, security, and speed are among the other essential factors to consider in this regard. Your specific requirement is, however, the foremost thing that you need to ascertain, before looking for a hosting company. Depending on your needs, you can opt from among different hosting options, like Managed, Shared, Dedicated, VPS and free or best cheap WordPress hosting.
- Free WordPress Hosting: Though free, you are likely to come across some hidden conditions while availing free hosting service. You may have to put banner ads on your site, or a text link in the footer. You cannot rely on then entirely due to the source from where you find them, such as in an online forum, or some specific groups, etc. Even you can’t figure out when the provider stops offering your free service. So it’s better not to look out for such free hosting.
- Shared Hosting: It is beyond doubts the most popular option for most of the website owners, especially beginners due to its affordable cost. This hosting allows the service provider to host multiple sites on the same server, hence resulting in reduced rates. However, you may face usage restrictions if your website starts consuming extensive server load. Consequently, the company may ask you to upgrade your account, to avert the decrease in performance of other sites hosted on the same site. For starting bloggers and website owners, it is a recommended option, but as your business grows, you will have to think about better hosting options.
- VPS Hosting: Technically speaking, it refers to segregating a physical server computer into different servers depending on customer’s needs. It gives you the privacy of a personal computer and allows you to run various server software. Moreover, it gives you significant control on your website like a dedicated server. The catch here is that only tech savvy users such as developers, bloggers having high traffic, immediate users, etc. can handle it. Perhaps, users with limited technical knowledge should rather opt for managed VPS, where the fastest WordPress hosting provider will take care of the system related tasks.
- Dedicated Server Hosting: It allows you to get full hold over the server and is best to use when your website has started gaining substantial traffic. If you lag behind in any prior experience in server handling or do not have any system administrator, then upgrading to managed dedicated server is a recommended move. Though costlier as compared to other hosting options, it allows you to choose a preferred OS and hardware among other facilities.
- Managed WordPress hosting: The best thing with this hosting type is that you can concentrate on other aspects of your website, apart from the technical ones. The service provider cares to optimize your site’s performance, create regular backups and make it secure through its support team. It also advises you to get away with a plugin or theme if it is causing a negative impact on the website. The plans for managed web hosting are however costlier than other options due to the VIP treatment the company gives to your website. Opt for it only if you could afford it.
What methods have we used to evaluate the best WordPress hosting services?
What is WordPress hosting measures? We use several measures to evaluate the fastest WordPress cloud hosting and best cheapWordPress Hosting:
- Setup and installation: We look out for hosting services that allow single-click installation and easy setup.
- Bandwidth: If the hosting company allows enough traffic between your site and the internet.
- Uptime: On an average, the recommended uptime score for Web host it 99.5%, we check if a company matched this score or not.
- Average load time: As per a survey, sites that load in 5 seconds witnessed 25% higher visibility, 70% longer sessions and 35% lower bounce rates on an average, as compared to the sites with load time of 19 seconds. Need we say why we consider this factor so important?
- Features: We consider WordPress hosting providers that excel in offering multiple features like security tools, automatic account setup, one-click restore, automatic malware scans, unlimited monthly data transfers, and so on.
- Disk Space: The hosting company should be able to provide ample disk space depending on the size of your website, no matter if it contains even thousands of page.
- Security: These include automatic security updates, malware scans, regular data backups, manual robots mostly included in dedicated and VPS plans, etc.
- Response time: Average response time of a website should be between 1-2 seconds, the lesser, the better.
- Email accounts: If you are also looking out for email accounts along with WordPress hosting, considering email offers from your company would be advisable. Usually, service providers offer a free email address and domain name for life.
- Email client: Checking the web client for reading and creating emails is also important.
- Subdomains: Usually, subdomains are free with paid hosting plans. Hence, we check if a company is not charging extra bucks for the subdomains.
- Cost per month: We recommend several hosting providers depending on the cost per month and the renewal price they offer. Usually, we provide information only on the WordPress hosting providers offering most affordable rates.
- Customer Support: The hosting company should be available via live chat, email or telephone to clear the doubts of customers. We check the same.
- Account suspension: Several hosting providers simply suspend your web account if you are using excessive bandwidth, even it is an unlimited plan. We make sure to keep you aware of such companies.
- Control Panel: It is essential for hosting providers to ensure functional and user-friendly control panel for smooth monitoring of the website, helping you to get the fastest WordPress hosting.
What are the requirements for WordPress web hosting?
While choosing best cheap WordPress hosting and the fastest WordPress hosting provider, check out if it satisfies the technical requirement, i.e., PHP version 5.7 or greater and MySQL version 5.6 or later.
What are the advantages of WordPress Managed Hosting?
With WordPress Manage hosting, you can devote your team in enhancing the other fronts of your website such as content, design, marketing, etc. The support team at the WordPress Managed Hosting provider care to do regular updates, security checks, website optimization for excellent performance, and more.
Is WordPress a secured web host?
The security of your WordPress website relies heavily on the hosting type you are opting. Free and shared web hosting options are highly risk prone in terms of security breaches and data theft. However, as you move toward better choices, such as dedicated, VPS or managed hosting, you may well expect a tighter security with advanced encryption standards, regular monitoring for malware or hacker attacks, etc.