If you are having trouble finding the Bennu Kodi addon or if you have found it, but it is not working, then you should know the Bennu Kodi addon was already shut down back in Oct 2017. If you are seeing a “404 Error” this is happening because the Colossus repository that hosted Bennu addon has been shut down. Developers working on it have been hit with cease and desist letters from the Motion Picture Association.
As a result you can not access Bennu Addon anymore, but in this article we have added some alternatives that will help you enjoy the same quality of online content on Kodi. Here’s the list of alternatives for Bennu Kodi addon.
- USTV Now
- Popcorn Flix
- iPlayer WWW
Now, instead of crying over the spill milk, you can buy a new pack. Just want to say, don’t cry for Bennu, download one of the addon from the above given list and enjoy best online content on Kodi.
——————————Updated On 4/9/2018——————————-
Remember Phoenix, the famous third party add-on for Kodi? Yes, it is back in a brand new avatar – Bennu Kodi. For those who are still unaware of this popular multimedia platform, Kodi allows you to watch streaming videos on iPhone, iPad, Windows, Android TV, Max, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, USB Flash Drive, and several other streaming devices without requiring you to subscribe for them. The multimedia server uses third-party add-ons to get video content from various sources like torrents, etc.
With Bennu introduced as a better add-on than Phoenix, Kodi has got a new breather. In fact, a roaster of enticing features offered by Kodi Bennu has almost overshadowed other add-ons from this open-source media player software application. You can use it to watch your favorite movies, kids shows, comedy shows, and so on; all you need is to install Bennu Kodi; here is a crispy guide on the same!
How to Install Bennu Kodi Addon – Complete Installation & Troubleshooting Guide
There are several ways to download and install Bennu Kodi addon. In this guide we will walk you through each steps to successfully installing Bennu on Kodi. Below are some of the topics we’ll be covering in the article:
- Installing Bennu Kodi Addon on Krypton Version 17.6 or higher
- Installing Kodi Bennu on Jarvis Version 16
- Kodi Bennu Troubleshooting Guide
How to Install Bennu on Kodi Krypton Version 17.6 or Higher
Assuming that Kodi is already there on your device, here are the steps on how to install Bennu on Kodi, specifically on the latest Kodi Krypton 17.6 and higher versions. Keep glued with us, and tighten your seatbelts as we take you off to the exciting world of online entertainment with this Kodi Bennu guide.
Step 1: Open Kodi Krypton on your device. In the upper menu, look for Settings icon and click File Manager. Next, look for Add Source and double-click it.
Step 2: As the box appears, click None, and then Add http://kdil.co/repo as the repository URL. Name it as “Kodil Repo”. Click OK to save the repository name.
Step 3: Navigate to Home Screen. Click Add-ons → Package installer (box icon) → Install from Zip file.
Step 4: In the resulting box, scroll down to click the newly created repo that you named Kodil Repo. Next, Click Kodil.zip to start the installation
Step 5: Next click Install from Repository → Kodil Repository → Video Add-Ons →Bennu → Install
Step 6: Congrats! You have installed Bennu successfully. The resulting screen will appear as below.
Step 7: To watch movies, select Add-ons from the Kodi Home Screen. From there, click Video Add-ons → Bennu → Movies. You are now all set to enjoy your favorite movies.
How to Install Bennu on Kodi Jarvis Version 16
The steps on how to install Benny on Kodi Jarvis version are very much similar to that of Kodi Krypton. The difference, however, lies in the design of the two versions. Here are the steps to install Bennu on Kodi Jarvis 16.
- Step 1: Open the Kodi Jarvis 16 version on your device. Click system →File Manager. Next Double click Add Source
- Step 2: As the box appears, click None, type the URL http://kdil.co/repo/ and click Done. At the bottom, name the repo as ‘Kodil Repo’, click Done → OK.
- Step 3: On the Kodi Jarvis home screen, go to System menu → Add-ons → Install from zip file → Choose Kodi Repo → click Kodil.zip
- Step 4: Next, click Install from Repository → Kodil Repository → Go to Video Add-ons → Bennu → Install. Bravo! You are now all set to enjoy your fond videos on Kodi Bennu Jarvis 16.
Alternatives to Bennu Kodi addon
The popular Bennu Kodi addon helps you gain access to quality video content, but the problem is the restricted nature of most of the content you watch through it. If you do not use a VPN or your VPN does not prove true to your expectations, you could drag yourself in a legal soup, leading to monetary punishments or even imprisonments. You can check our detailed post Kodi’s legal standings and if it is legal to use Kodi player abroad. To overcome any uncanny situation you could try out several alternatives to Bennu Kodi addon. Let’s have a look:
- PlayOn Browser: Drifting apart from the illegal streaming, this official Kodi add-on lets you enjoy content from all the streaming services at one platform. You can install it from Kodi repository. Nothing unofficial about it!
- Filmon.tv: This add-on from Kodi fetches the streaming videos from www.filmon.tv and lets you to enjoy them via Kodi. However, it will cost you around $20 per month.
- USTVNow: Another alternative to Bennu Kodi, this cable replacement service offers free live TV programs from channels like ABC, NBC, PBS. FOX and more. You can also opt for paid membership, which allows you to access more channels.
- YouTube: The name itself is enough to introduce this streaming video website. With YouTube, almost any of your favorite video content is just a few clicks away. Moreover, it also provides a legal and simple way to buy or rent movies, hence saving you from getting into legal trouble.
- Tubi TV: This video streaming service also offers an extensive library of hit movies starring famous actors. It could pose a suitable alternative to Kodi Bennu.
Apart from the above-mentioned options, you can also check other working Kodi Addons that can be the perfect alternative to Kodi Bennu addon.
Bennu Kodi Not Working – Troubleshooting Guide
The issues regarding Bennu Kodi not working are likely to hinder your enjoyment while using this Kodi add-on. Here are some common and probable Bennu Kodi add-on flaws followed by their easy solution.
- Dependency installation failure issue: This error occurs while you try installing Bennu from a broken repository. To solve this problem, you need to know about how to install Bennu on Kodi from the correct repository.
- Slow Kodi Buffering: Interrupted buffering creates a big hindrance in watching video content. To fix this error, you need to clear Kodi caches using several add-ons like Merlin Wizard, Covenant, etc. Besides, you could also stream Kodi Bennu videos at high internet speed Real-Debrid, web player. If you have the sound technical know-how, then coding is another useful method to stop buffering.
- Check log issue: This error occurs on a frequent basis due to failed repository and results in the failure of add-on installation. To overcome this issue, it is wise to install add-on from another repository.
How to Use Bennu Kodi Addon Safely
The fact that Bennu is advancement over Phoenix does not make it completely safe from intrusion. Most of the third party add-on make their online presence without undergoing any strict testing and vetting process, and Bennu is no different. Naturally, it is equally likely to fall prey to hijacking and in fact, has much vulnerability for any intruder to take leverage of. Most probably, your own ISP might be keeping an eye on your internet activities. To the worst, if your country has imposed restrictions on the use of certain streaming sites, you could end up facing legal trials. In addition, buffering is another problem that could affect the Kodi users at large. So how to deal with such hassles?
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) can come up to your rescue in such situation as it can enable safe use of Bennu Kodi addon without getting into the notice of the prying eyes. Here is how:
- It encrypts your system’s outgoing and ingoing traffic and making it unapproachable for any imposter.
- It prevents man-in-the-middle attacks, discouraging a hacker to steal your system data
- A VPN changes your server location hence hiding your identity from hackers and the censoring
- It lets you to watch streaming videos, browse censored websites and perform other restricted activities easily.
Several VPN providers are in the fray to provide you unrestricted access of Bennu Kodi, and many other prohibited sites. However, not all of them deliver what they promise. Therefore, the best way is to compare a list of topmost Kodi VPN service providers, check out their effectiveness in using Kodi Bennu and choose the most feasible one. Just to help you out, here is a list of the best VPN providers available in the market at present.
You can always choose from our list of free VPN for Kodi. It is good to start with free options, however, we strongly recommend the use of paid VPNs as privacy should not be compromised at all.
Named after ancient Egypt’s sacred bird, Kodi Bennu is a smart platform to help you gain unrestricted access to favorite videos. Its predecessor, Phoenix was also a popular Kodi add-on, but the users had to sit quite after its closure. Thankfully, with the introduction of Kodi Bennu, the users now find it easier to watch popular streaming content online. However, safe use of this add-on by using a reliable VPN is advisable to prevent you from being tracking by censoring authorities, as it masks your IP address. Hope this Bennu Kodi installation guide would help you install and enjoy your preferred videos to the max.
Love for movies? Check our tested Kodi addons for movies and enjoy at full pace.